Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Saturday, February 16, 2008

About...

img4348n

About Me


From the beginning of my story, I have always had God by my side (and later asked Him into my heart) and two super parents who have loved me and nurtured me and helped me become the woman I am today.

I also have a brother who, even though he is twelve years older than me, is responsible for some of my greatest childhood memories. One of my favorite memories is when he came home for a visit and brought me a HUGE box of stuffed animals with Kermit and Ms. Piggy and the whole slew.



The Couple


engagement2le5Fast forward sixteen years into my life and I met the man I would spend the rest of my life with. I was taking a Nursing class and he was taking a Carpentry class at a vocational school we both attended. I sent him my number, he called, and ever since then we have been writing our own happily ever after!


The Kids


Justin and I share two super kids! We are very blessed to have two beautiful and intelligent and spoiled absolutely rotten little babies (even when they are 80 they will still be my babies)!

Picture070 troy1

Throughout my lifetime, I have learned a lot of things, both from school (since I even have a college degree) and also through life's many experiences. Most of what I have learned, has been through what I have experienced with my life though. Such as, the true meaning of love, patience, understanding, care, how to lend a helping hand when it's needed, how prayer can really work when nothing else seems to, and so much more! One of the biggest things I've learned is that God is my best friend and that He is always there for me. I also have learned that God and family must come before anything else.

The Story


mejustinandthekidszi6And...one may ask the reason for me to jot down all of this...and...my answer would have to be because it is worth remembering!

My main purpose of keeping a record of my life and our life as a family is to keep my kids updated (I think it will be neat for them to look back at the stuff that has happened in their lifetime over the years) and also to keep family and friends updated as well. So...if I had to answer in one word, I would say memories!

My life has definitely been a huge and super ride thusfar. Sure, I have had some uphill battles, but God has always brought me through them and usually I end up on the other side of the hill stronger and a better person than I was when I first climbed the hill that I had been climbing. Life certainly has it's challenges, but it also has it's many, many, many blessings that I am very thankful for! Through my lifetime I've witnessed laughter, tears, pain, joy, happiness, and even miracles, but I wouldn't change anything that I have witnessed because it has made me who I am and it has been a part of my life and a part of God's wonderful plan. The happy times certainly outweigh the bad times, but I will take the both of them as that is what God has intended for me to do and here is where I can add a few scribbles about my life's story and where I can remember every single moment!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a little about you. I love getting to know the authors of the blogs I read. I don't like it when the person doesn't have an "About" page. thanks. Hey how did you find me? Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! It's great to "meet" new people via the web and blogs, nice to see real moms out there! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love your story! Thanks for sharing who you are at heart, not just on "paper."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love this story! So sweet :o)

    I am now a new follower of your blog. Found you on the Friday blog hop :o)

    I look forward to reading your blog in the future!

    -Adri
    www.macheriecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by to visit and follow me. I loved reading your story and I am enjoying the music (I am such a country girl!).
    Your family is beautiful. I look forward to stopping by often and catching up with you. God Bless.

    http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Following you back. My hubby is a carpenter too! As for family vacation, I'm not sure where you are, but we took a road trip 2 years ago. We drove out to South Dakota(from Ohio), with stops in Wisconsin on the way. Loved every minute of it. My hubby complained about the driving at the time. But, now he says it's time for another road trip. So. . . I love it out west though. In SD, you can see the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, Crazy Horse, Wall Drug. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Kids had fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by from the UBP2011! I can't wait to keep reading =) I am loving your story and the music haha

    AnnaBean is a small mom-run business and we've just started the blog this past September. I'll be following and I'd love if you followed back as well!

    Blog:

    blog.annabean.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to meet you! Thank you for stopping by my blog!! You have beautiful children! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm here via UBP11.
    prayers & blessings!
    pax Christi - lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment.
    I have enjoyed reading your story, you have a beautiful family.

    Have a great day
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jessica! Thanks for visiting me at Tales from the Motherhood and Confessions of a Former Child Actress!
    I love the pic of you and your hubby back in the day. So cute! Your kids are adorable and yes, God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete