Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Year...

This year has involved a mix of emotions, some happy, some sad, and a lot of blessings along the way.  This year also has been one of the most difficult years for me, I lost my dad this year, he passed away unexpectedly in August.  I miss him dearly, but I treasure the memories I have of him.  On the other hand, we had been traveling back and forth to Charlottesville for a few years, as my mom was on a lung transplant list, and in May she got the call to have a right lung transplant and she is walking around today without being connected to an oxygen tank.  Those were two huge events this year.

Other happenings in my life this year were me getting a new job working at home, and I am loving it, and I love being a work at home mom...one who can stay at home with her kids, its truly a blessing!

We did the Christmas drive again this year, to help needy kids in the area have gifts to open on Christmas...around 25 or 30 kids to be exact.

My niece started acting school nearly four hours away, and seems to really enjoy it.

We saw the Band Perry during a nearby fourth of July celebration.

There were simple and fun things too, like going to the zoo, taking the kids to Wonder Works, and just being together as a family, and sometimes the simplest things are the greatest of them all.

So, yes, my year has been filled with a lot of happiness, a lot of sadness, and a lot of blessings, indeed, but I am thankful for each every person in my life and for the life God has given me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment