Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Monday, June 9, 2014

What I Really See!

troysdirtbikesitepic

I've been trying to make it a point to limit my electronic time and the things that would distract me from the things that are really important. Something I've tried to make a point to do is to maybe check my e-mails, etc. during the early morning hours and then again in the late evening hours, but the in between hours I've limited to very little electronic time, if any at all.  This has resulted in what I feel as me being able to actually live life more and not be so distracted!

A great example of the result of me looking outside of a computer or phone screen is that I've been able to see more of what is actually happening before my eyes.  I always looked for the simple things before, but I try to really make it a point to look for them now.  As a result of this I feel that I am more productive and my attention is fully focused on life.

The other evening I was sitting outside watching Troy on his dirt bike.  I just sat there, the phone out of my hands, actually, nothing was in my hands.  This is a very uncommon thing, for a person not to have a phone in our hands during an age where a lot of people communicate via text more than they do with a phone call.  Anyhow, I was just sitting there, and being his Mom, enjoying watching him ride his dirt bike.  When he discovered I was watching he made it a point to wave at me.  And you know what?  In a digital age where some may have been looking at their phones (even though they would've been present, they wouldn't have really been there), I was not watching my phone, I was watching my son ride his dirt bike, I saw him smile and wave, and I was able to respond back with a smile and a wave.  These are the moments I wouldn't miss for the world.



This post is also in the Members Area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment