Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Monday, October 27, 2014

My Monday Morning Happiness!

morninghappinessbibleandbread

My Morning Happiness! Spending time in God's Word, and Banana Nut Bread (plus two cups of coffee).

I recently started a new Bible Reading Plan (I started this plan yesterday, to be exact).  I am one who tries to read my Bible daily, but sometimes I must confess that I have failed at doing this.  Sometimes I have let hectic life happenings get in the way of my being able to read God's Word the way that I need to.  While I love my life, and all of the stuff it includes, I must always realize that God must come first in everything!  

The Bible Reading Plan I am reading right now is called Living On Purpose.  I want to do exactly that!  I pray quite often that God will guide me to fulfill life with purpose...not my purpose, but His purpose.  I believe the Lord created each of us for a purpose, and I definitely want to live for His purpose!  Life can get so busy, and sometimes it is easy to try and live for our purpose, but my prayer is that the Lord always directs my footsteps, and guides me on the path that He wants me.

A verse from this morning's reading stands out to me:

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.  -Proverbs 4:23 (KJV)

I love reading the book of Proverbs, because of the way that it instructs so well, it just makes sense!

Diligence mainly means with constant effort.  Yesterday's Sunday sermon was a lot about love; how we should love others.  The above verse from today's Bible Reading Plan kinda' goes along with the sermon, I guess.  How we act toward others demonstrates how we feel about them...issues from and with the heart.  We should always love the way that God wants us to, and more so with actions than just with words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment