Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Decision...

It was difficult, but I am certain a wise decision.  I had a good job, if you've read any of my recent posts you can see that for yourself, but the job was over 30 miles, yes THIR-TY miles away one way...and by doing the math it was over 60, yes SIX-TY miles round trip each day.  I was working part-time, a little over twenty hours per week and by the time we calculated the expenses with the amount I brought home...becoming a stay at home mom instead of a work outside of the home mom was once again a wise choice.  I feel that it was a true blessing that my work allowed me to bring my kids to work with me and they even allowed me to set my work schedule around my kids so that I could be Mom before Employee, however even weighing the pros against the negatives...I still wasn't bringing home as much of an income to really justify my driving such a distance for part-time work. 

So...I definitely feel like I made the right decision, and here is to falling into the stay at home mom role again.  Something I really enjoy!  I am blessed!!  Now off to make my grocery shopping list!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by from the Tuesday hops! I am following you back! Love your blog.

    Karen @ http://barefootinportland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed becoming acquainted with you and your blog. Christian bloggers are the best! Love your Ten Tiny Fingers Mothers day print!

    I am your newest Follower, hope you can stop by for a visit!

    Thanks, Becky Jane
    Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
    http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Following you! Thanks for visitng Peaceful Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you via GFC from Friday Blog Hop... hope you come visit me over at www.twoboysonegirlandacrazymom.com

    Happy Friday
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoying reading your blog! I found you through new friend Fridays. Following you now.

    Kristin

    http://www.Purposefulhomemaker.com
    http://www.Kristinsreview.com

    ReplyDelete