Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Monday, March 3, 2014

I Can Do This!

20140217_132101_2

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (KJV)
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (ESV)
-Philippians 4:13
Yes, I can!  Yes, we can!  

There are some long term goals that our family is working toward.  If they work out as planned we'll have a family farm at some point. They are goals, they are in place, and we've made a start.  As with a lot of long term goals, I find myself sometimes thinking I may be foolish to even think that we will achieve these goals, as our achievement of this one particular goal seems too big...ya know, too far out there.  
With long term goals we sometimes become discouraged.  They sound good while we're "dreaming them up," however, sometimes we get distracted.  There are times we lose focus on our purpose in the goal.  This sometimes causes our plan to fail for the goal(s) we set.  That's why it is so important to try not to lose focus, and when we do lose focus we need to remind ourselves of the purpose of our goal(s) and get right back on track.

So...today, I'm reminded of Philippians 4:13, my family can do all things through Christ, he strengthens us and he has our back!  This is a good goal, one that will be good for our family, our home, our lives, and we just need to keep focused.  Because of Him, we can do this!

No matter how big or small the goal may seem, we need to stay focused and live our purpose for the Lord!  I feel that once we achieve this particular goal, it will be a testimony of mine and Justin's lives together.  We are hard working people and it will teach our children how much is possible when the Lord is involved.  I'm so blessed to dream (even dream big) and know that it is possible and I can do it because of Christ!

0 comments:

Post a Comment