Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Part of the Vine

GreenTreeMarchPhotoChallenge

Someone has been to church, I heard a voice say. I turned to see who they were talking to, surely it wasn't me, nobody would notice that about me! The man the voice came from was in the aisle I was in at the store and nobody was next to me. This man was talking to me and said it again as I turned around to find who the voice came from. Someone has been to church , he repeated. My husband and kids were at the other end of the aisle, yes, we have, I replied. I had on my "Sunday Best," but I'd like to think it was the way my light was shining for the Lord, and how others can see the good fruit the Lord has blessed me to bring forth for Him. When we think our actions don't count and nobody is noticing our attitudes (bad or good)...well, sometimes we're wrong, sometimes others are watching...sometimes the world is looking! The man continued to ask me where my family and I go to church and we spoke of how he preached three times today. Before he left he asked that I remember to pray for him as he'd been sick, and I told him he'd be in my prayers.

The conversation with this man made me think of the message the preacher delivered tonight at church. I don't want anyone to know that I've been serving and worshiping the Lord because I have on my "Sunday Best." Our "Sunday Best," shouldn't just be on Sundays, but every single day. Our "Sunday Best," is not about the clothes we wear to church, but our attitudes at church AND outside of church. The clothes may be nice, but our attitudes should be even better...the fruit we bear is what should really matter. "Sunday Best" is about the fruit we bring forth for the Lord. That should not just be on Sunday, but everyday! We should show the world we're set apart from worldly things by our attitudes and by our fruit.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. -John 15:5 (KJV)

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 (ESV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment