Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Monday, April 7, 2014

Some of the Simplest Things in Life are the Most Extraordinary!

april6photochallengeround


I was getting out of the vehicle during my lunch break on a work day sometime last week. To me it was just about like any other day, but then I noticed something. Laying in the yard, on the edge of the gravel driveway where I parked my vehicle there was something that was laying upside down, a straw something. The nest was clearly in plain sight, but I could have so easily walked by it.

I'm not sure what happened to the birds or the eggs, as there was nothing in the nest (or underneath it) when I found it. I picked the nest up, placed it in the tree, and decided to take a photo of the nest that a bird (one of God's creatures) created. The photo shows the simplicity of the nest, but it also shows where a form of life was at one point or another.

It's not that I hadn't ever seen a bird's nest, I've saw plenty of them, I've even had birds come into my house (and had birds to, uh-hum, run me out of the house, as I'd been too scared to chase them out of my house...yeah, I know quite comical)! The reason I took this photo though is that sometimes I feel that God wants us to stop and remember the beauty of the life He gives us and the simple yet extraordinary things. Sometimes, a lot of times, the extraordinary things are the simple things! This nest is totally remarkable. When you consider that it's not everyday that you may see a nest like this (at least I don't see them everyday), it's something I appreciate to see...something different, simple, yet so extraordinary.

I also had a pastor to once tell me to "always look at life through a spiritual eye." I try my best to see God in everything that I do and everything that happens as much as I possibly can. This nest reminded me of a Bible verse.

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? -Matthew 6:26 (KJV)

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? -Matthew 6:26 (ESV)

Sometimes the simple, yet the extraordinary things can be great reminders of what God tells us. This birds nest was that thing I wouldn't typically see everyday, which was neat, but it also had an extraordinary reminder for me as well!

This Post is also in the Members Area!

0 comments:

Post a Comment