Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Life's Choices

LookingDownMarchPhotoChallenge

There are many choices we are presented with in life.  Should we do this or should we do that, should we buy this or should we buy that, and what is the right thing to do?  We sometimes find ourselves thinking what is the right choice to make, what is the right path to take?  A verse has been dwelling in my heart a lot lately.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. -Proverbs 3:6 KJV

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. -Proverbs 3:6 ESV


I think the reason this verse is dwelling in my heart is as my kids are getting older I realize how fast and how short time on this Earth is, and I don't want to waste it on things that are not meaningful.  I'm the kind of girl who thinks of my priorities the way a lot of others probably do as well;  Jesus first, then others (family, friends, the church, the community, etc.), and then myself.  That being said, family also includes my husband and kids so I always want to make sure I do my best for them every single day.

Minutes turn into hours.  With each passing minute I realize that what I've did with that moment, with that minute, it is gone, it is now a memory, and I want to make sure I make it a good memory, not as much for me as for my family.  I want to have good memories too, of course, but I want to make it as good of, if not a better memory, for my family.  There's no opportunity to take our yesterdays and relive them, no opportunity to take the what we should have done moments and do something else with those moments, there are only the moments that we are living now and the ones that are in our future.  I'm human, like any other person, I've made my mistakes, and some of my time could've probably been spent doing some things that were more productive, but I do try my very best to not make choices for today that will be a memory that I will regret tomorrow.  I want to be sure I am a part of my kids' memories, so sometimes my e-mails, the laundry, the housework, and my what seems to be never-ending to-do list needs to wait.

Sometimes I have to remind myself as I head out the door to work of the mornings or as I drop my kids off at school on my way to work, to just slow down and breathe.  Life gets busy, and sometimes life is so busy I have to step back and think are my priorities still in line.  I've got to keep my priorities in line!  While there are days that could be better, there are many days that I feel are just amazing.  The days that I feel are a success are when I know I have my priorities that I mentioned earlier in line.  If I've had time to spend with the Lord (reading my Bible, prayer, etc.), if I've not put others including my family on the back burner, and if I've taken the time to do what is needed for myself, then I know that I've did what was expected of me for the day...I know that I've fulfilled my purpose for the day.  God gave me this life to live today and if I let Him direct my paths then I will not fail.  So when I am in the middle of a hectic day or when I finally lay down to rest at night and question whether I am doing what God wants me to do, I realize that I feel that as long as I keep my priorities in line with the Bible verse I just mentioned in mind, then my life's choices will be the best choices I can make and I am doing everything just right!

2 comments:

  1. I needed this reminder today. Thank you! I always forget to just slow down and enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this reminder came at the right time for you, Margaret! :)

      Delete