Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Helping Others

frommyfortunecookie01042015

I naturally don't believe in them...the fortunes we pull out of cookies, but it is fun to see what the cookies have to "say" though. Sunday, Justin, the kids, and I went to eat Chinese food, and this was in my fortune cookie.

By helping someone today, you may also be helping yourself.

This could possibly give one a whole new way of thinking, a whole new point of view, a whole new perspective on helping others. While we should want to help others whether we receive anything in return or not, and I definitely am one who likes to help others (even when nothing is expected in return), it makes you think of how true this statement could be.

How could this statement prove true, you may ask. Well, I am one who believes that a person reaps what they sow. We should help others without expecting anything in return, but I also believe we reap what we sow in this life. You do good unto others, and good will be done unto you. Likewise, if you are one who is selfish and is negative, well...you reap what you sow then too.

Everyone has bad days...at least I think so, I sure do! I also think that everyone has good days, and, again, I sure do. In life it seems that almost everything moves in circles. Life itself even moves in circles, from birth to death. I mean, think about it, I remember when my parents grieved the death of their parents, and I also remember when they rejoiced over their grandchildren being born. Now, I am grieving over my own parents no longer being in this world, and one day, if it is in my children's and God's plans, I will rejoice over my own grandchildren being born. Likewise, if it is God's plans, one day my children will grieve their own parents' deaths, then they will rejoice in their grandchildren being born. And...the circle continues.  You see, life itself can even move in circles.

Everything we do in life, somehow or another, we will be affected by it. Good or bad, our choices will return a positive or negative consequence. While I don't believe what the fortune cookie's predictions are...I just don't believe in them, there is one thing I am certain of. The Bible is something I am certain of. The Bible tells us in Galations 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. (KJV)

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. (ESV)

That is something I do believe!

frommyfortunecookie01042015bw

0 comments:

Post a Comment