Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Foundation in a World that's Broken

crossnecklaceonebw

I say that I don't, and I really, really try not to take this life I live for granted. It's not my intentions to take it for granted. I want to soak up every bit of this life that God gives me. It's really a gift!

It's funny (not the haha kind of funny, either) how sometimes a loved one being sick or hurting can really put things in perspective though. It makes one realize how much we really (maybe not intentionally, but we still do) take for granted. We're not promised tomorrow, we may hope for it, but we're not promised it.

The Good Book a.k.a. The Bible says:

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. -James 4:14 (KJV)

yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. -James 4:14 (ESV)

You see, this verse means so much. It means we should cherish the todays that we have, before they turn into our yesterdays. It is never my intention to take this great big life God has given me for granted. It's never even my intention to take the people placed in my life for granted. I want to soak every bit of this life up...the happy and the sad times, the big and the small adventures, and the people in my life who I love more than any of the treasures this world may ever hold. These people are one of God's many great gifts to me!

This world has a lot of brokenness in it. Broken hearts, broken health, and even broken faith. This world is not a completely perfect world. You know what, though? Among this broken world I look to the Lord and through Him and the love I've been placed in...my God's love, my husband's love, the love of our children, and even the love of our family and friends I see the unbroken pieces...the solid foundation...the things I never want to take for granted.

The things and people I never want to take for granted...my husband...holding his hand, his sweet hugs and kisses, and even our date nights...our time together is always precious! Our kids...their laughter and smiles, and just being their Mom is such a gift. Time with our family and friends, soaking in every single minute we can of life with them is a blessing. God is so good! He fixes the broken pieces in this world with the journey He places us on...we just have to choose the right path, and not take any of it for granted.

As I type this I'm leaving Dairy Queen. My husband and I went there after we visited Urgent Care for my husband this evening. All will be well, praise God! We found out he has diverticulitis this evening, but God is our strong foundation, and He's awesome!

While eating dinner (which my husband had to do for his medicine), we both noticed an older couple sitting next to each other in the booth behind us. The guy working there handed them one banana split, and asked if they needed two spoons, and they told him yes. I want us to always be that kind of a couple, my husband and I. While I don't like bananas, I do love date nights with my husband.

This is just my thoughts, this Saturday evening. How the Lord can be our solid foundation, and those He places in our life is a gift. May I never take this for granted, and when/if I do, may the Lord help me to always remember what gift this life is, along with everyone who is in my life. I'm blessed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment