Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Thursday, January 15, 2015

My To-Do List

myplannerjanuary2015

Sometimes, you just gotta' learn to say yes to the right and important things, and no to the others. For many, many years, my Mom was telling me that I was going to run myself to death. I would find myself many days literally running to get everything done that I needed to get done each day. There were even some days that I would tell my kids to hurry it up with whatever they were doing so we could get finished up and move onto what needed to be done next (something I am not proud of, but I had so much to do, and at that time I felt like I had no choice).

When life became this busy, I realized that it was time for a change!

The busier I became the less I was able to focus on my priorities and on who and what is important to me. I, of course, did not like this, so I decided it was time for a change. I had to get my priorities in line, and stop rushing through life.

While I wanted to be the one to do the majority of the housecleaning, laundry, cooking, etc., I wanted to be the one to be the care taker of our family, I found that I was hardly ever home to be able to do that, as I was working full-time. I would find myself praying to God to help me better manage my time. Then, finally, I was offered a job opportunity that is part-time, that allows me to do first and foremost what I need to do for my family (as well as myself), and I wouldn't have to be in a run and rush through life anymore. I accepted that job opportunity, and it has proven to be the best decision that I could've made for our family.

Sometimes having a full schedule is a blessing, but having an overflowing schedule is not. Time is a precious gift, and I want to make sure I don't rush it away, and I want to always keep my priorities in line...God, family and friends, then myself.

Freeing up some of the things on my to-do list, saying no to the less important things, has helped me to set my priorities straight. God, family and friends, then myself. I'm not rushing anymore. I don't have a full planner or calendar, but I have just enough on my to-do list to help me manage my time wisely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment