Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Friday, August 15, 2014

8th and 6th Grade!

8thand6thgradesitepic

Eighth and Sixth grade! It's the very first day of the school year and, once again, I'm wondering where time has went! I've tried to document your first day of school for as long as I can remember, and I'm thinking how it seems like it was just yesterday I was talking with you two kids about your first day of school in the 5th and 7th grades.

It seems like only last month Bre was getting her Kindergarten diploma. Troy was just graduating Pre-K last week, right? I, of course, know it's been longer than this since your Kindergarten and Pre-K graduations, but time has went by so fast that I feel that it was only this short amount of time since I was watching you get those diplomas. One of the things I was thinking of at your Kindergarten graduations is happening for Bre this school year, and, Troy, the time is quickly approaching when it will be your turn too. As you got your Kindergarten diplomas, I thought of how soon it would be that you'd be entering the high school building and attending classes and graduating from there. Now that you're about to do that, Bre, I think of how soon it will be you'll be graduating from high school as well.

My sweet kids, I don't want to waste one minute...I don't want to take one single second of being your Mom for granted. God has blessed me so very much to be able to be your Mom. You each are one of my greatest gifts. I love you more than you'll ever know!

Troy, I think of how you will have only one more year after this school year, until you join the other high schoolers. I realize that you are growing up just as fast as your sister. Don't take these school years for granted, kids, but instead enjoy them and do your best with all you do.

Breann, while starting school this year at the high school can make you a little nervous, don't let it. Instead of being nervous, enjoy your time there and let God lead you, and you'll do fine. Your Dad and I are here when you need us. You'll do great though!

While I like to think of past school years, I also make sure to enjoy every moment I can of the present ones. I try not to take one single minute of being your Mom for granted because you two kids are two of my greatest gifts. I love seeing how the past school years have helped you become who you are today, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this school year takes you in life. Do your best in and out of school and follow the Lord in everything you do and you'll do great things!

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

More photos are in the Members Area!

0 comments:

Post a Comment