Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Cause for Celebration!

mom 2012My mom had a lung transplant in May 2011.  She has had COPD for many years.  She was placed on a ventilator for days back in 2008 and got to the point of not being able to breathe without what she called her "life line", which was her oxygen hose.  My Mom got to the point of where no more than 25% of her lungs were working.  We continued to take her for routine check ups to keep her on the waiting list for a transplant.  My Mom became very claustrophobic...she couldn't stand being in small spaces long without feeling like there was no air.  It was a struggle for her to breathe, little on do much else. Then in May 2011 we received a call that they got a lung that was a match.  She has made tremendous progress and I absolutely thank God for where He has brought her from.  This year, May marked one year since her transplant and my husband, our kids, and I took her for her test...just routine, to make sure all is still well.  We then took her for dinner and got her a cupcake to celebrate her 1 year mark!  :)



This post is also in the Members Area!

1 comment: